Chaos Vanguard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Vanguard

Age of Conan, Chaos Vanguard Guild forum Wiccana

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WELL FRACK.

Go down 
+2
Spartacus
Nimi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

Number of posts : 68
Main : Aury (Barbar)
Alts : Nimiane (Ranger)
Registration date : 2008-05-27

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:05 pm

I would be on.. in fact I was enjoying the opening movie when an errant private message shut the game down, caused a blue screen error which apparently has resulted in a bad sector I can't get around.

As I have absolutely no idea where my windows discs are.. I'm now using a secondary gateway tower (x.x) which doesn't have anywhere near the settings to run the game. Not sure what to do with my main box at this point. Yuck.
Back to top Go down
Spartacus
Admin
Spartacus

Number of posts : 99
Main : Spartacus (Conqueror)
Alts : Hulk (Barbarian) Chaossus (Priest of Mitra)

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:30 am

If the bad sector is just affecting the game and not windows itself use the age of conan simple config verify repair option. You can find the simple config in your Age of conan folder. If you can't boot windows at all, you'll need your discs.
Back to top Go down
https://chaosvanguard.rpg-board.net
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:47 am

It is, unfortunately. I can't even boot to safemode.
Back to top Go down
Spartacus
Admin
Spartacus

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:32 am

which version of windows are you running?
Back to top Go down
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:35 am

XP Home.

My ex roommate is going to come by later today with the discs to see if we can't repair it. If not then I'm gonna take it to belmont computers.

Incidentally, I nearly exploded to death. Because I like to shoot myself in the foot for fun, I decided "Well, let's JUST SEE if Conan will run on the gateway" so install it, and it tells me "You need Service Pack 1!" so I say "okay.. I'll get that" Installation goes through, at which point I have no access to the internet and I keep getting this driver error. And of course the driver error says "Connect to the internet to search for a solution!"

So 7 tech support calls to various phone companies later I finally talk to this guy named Paul who bothered to listen to what the driver error message was and he said "Oh, that's Zonealarm.. You had it installed before the service pack? Well it's firewall is blocking everything it doesn't consider compatible." Uninstall it and voila..!

anyway conan ended up with a missing .dll so I'm reinstalling it one more time for giggles.

Back to top Go down
Spartacus
Admin
Spartacus

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:01 am

If repairing/reinstalling doesn't fix it, post up the error message your getting when it locks. I can probably tell you how to fix it. PS, I changed the title, just to see if I could, then I decided I liked it so I left it.
Back to top Go down
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:02 am

haha works for me (title) Probably more SFW anyway. I was just really pissed this morning/last night.

Well I got everything to sort of work and it's just not doable on this computer. The graphic's card is too lousy (which I sort of suspected it would be).

Just have to wait till I get my regular computer fixed I guess.
Back to top Go down
Khorgar
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Khorgar

Number of posts : 53
Main : Khorgar - Barbarian

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:51 am

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jalarn

jalarn

Number of posts : 16
Main : Jobless
Alts : Yes please.

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:07 pm

The bluescreen code she was getting (that she told me anyways) was a 0x24 which when I looked it up indicated an NTFS file system error. Of course it may not always be what it seems, but if she cannot even get to safe mode or a command prompt, then I have a feeling either the harddrive has a bad sector or the OS is hosed. Hopefully it's just the OS
Back to top Go down
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Update: still haven't tried my friend's windows discs *crosses fingers* but if I have to take it in to the shop there's a Q of about of week's work ahead of me sooo... it'll be awhile, folks.
Back to top Go down
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:40 pm

Okay so all attempts to fix the HD with windows discs failed. Then we realized we wouldn't be able to get to the repair shop in time so I said "Well.. since we have all these discs we might as well try just buying a new hard drive. It'll be cheaper."

((500 gigs for $99, and it's a green drive so it uses less power.. good, yes?))

Brought it home and got it installed - I'm currently installing all my programs so barring any further horrible techno karma *knocks on wood* I'll be in game tonight!!
Back to top Go down
Khorgar
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Khorgar

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:37 pm

Heh, check if Khorgar's still around (or Kharif, or Romus) and I'll send you an invite. Smile Oh, or Khorgan too. My baby Bear Shaman. Bear Shaman are extremely impressive at level 30.
Back to top Go down
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:44 am

I.... I may actually be able to get on.. *kicks Vista repeatedly in it's SP1*
Back to top Go down
wayticus

wayticus

Number of posts : 21
Main : Wayticus DT
Alts : NaTashara AS
Registration date : 2008-05-29

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:12 pm

Why you running vista?
did you update to SP1 because the game told you too? Iam still running it pre SP1 and able to play.
Back to top Go down
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:09 am

Vista is against my will, honestly. Not sure how to downgrade successfully.
Back to top Go down
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:22 am

though perhaps it's worth figuring out as now my game won't run. *grumbles*
Back to top Go down
jalarn

jalarn

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 6:22 am

well before I hit up google, vista is a bit of a bitch when it comes to some games. However, if you have not already, my dear. Sign up for the age of conan forums and look in the Technical Issues area. It has a lot of the issues you're experiencing.
Also, do you have an error code, or does it just not run?
Back to top Go down
jalarn

jalarn

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 6:47 am

Also, what are the specs of your system? If you do not know, you can find out by right-clicking on My Computer and selecting properties (should still work in vista)
Back to top Go down
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:40 am

I got it to work = also the conan forums have never worked for me. They always tell me I'm not registered.
Back to top Go down
Khorgar
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Khorgar

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:04 am

I'm playing with Vista SP1 with no problems.
Back to top Go down
Spartacus
Admin
Spartacus

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:21 am

I had the same problem with the forums. About a week after I submitted a peition through customer service, they fixed it.
Back to top Go down
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:44 pm

Yeah I sent them a message - no response yet though.
Back to top Go down
wayticus

wayticus

Number of posts : 21
Main : Wayticus DT
Alts : NaTashara AS
Registration date : 2008-05-29

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:22 am

Do yo uknow it is SP1 that is causing your issues?
Back to top Go down
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:15 am

No! I'm afraid to uninstall it though >.>
Back to top Go down
Rukk
Minister of Pantslessness
Rukk

Number of posts : 29
Main : Rukk(Bear Shaman)
Alts : Corvair(Conq), Soulsek (HoX)

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 3:00 pm

SP1 is working fine on my machine...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WELL FRACK. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELL FRACK.   WELL FRACK. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WELL FRACK.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaos Vanguard :: General Discussion :: Everything Else-
Jump to: