Chaos Vanguard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Vanguard

Age of Conan, Chaos Vanguard Guild forum Wiccana

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

We need more recruits

Go down 
+3
Khorgar
Mehen
Spartacus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Spartacus
Admin
Spartacus

Number of posts : 99
Main : Spartacus (Conqueror)
Alts : Hulk (Barbarian) Chaossus (Priest of Mitra)
Registration date : 2008-05-27

We need more recruits Empty
PostSubject: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:42 am

In order to be able to participate in end game content, we're going to need more members. I'm wondering if we want to work hard on recruiting, or find a larger guild that we mesh well with and join them. I've been trying to find smaller guilds willing to join us, as well as individual recruits, but I haven't had much success. Also, if you have any RL gamer friends who aren't on this game yet, recruiting them is always beneficial.
Back to top Go down
https://chaosvanguard.rpg-board.net
Mehen
Guard
Mehen

Number of posts : 27
Main : Mehen
Alts : Mikka, Taen, Tseb
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:06 am

Call of Valhalla was interested in us, largely due to my interaction with them.

It is my opinion, at this time, that we have a few options:

1) We merge with another guild.

2) We give up on end-game content.

If #2 is the option, I will be leaving the guild. I have two reasons I want to play this game. First and foremost is to play with my friends, but lately I'm the only one on, or one of 3 people on. Secondly I want to see end game content.

If my primary reason isn't going to happen (and I can't force people to play, so that's moot), and I can't get my secondary reason, I'm going to find another guild.

I've been pretty unhappy with our lack of organization, lack of communication and overall lack of participation. I've not played Mehen for almost 2 weeks, hoping people would catch up and I'm still the 2nd highest person in the guild. My ranger is rapidly becoming one of the higher members in the guild and I barely play her either. Something is rotten in Denmark.
Back to top Go down
Khorgar
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Khorgar

Number of posts : 53
Main : Khorgar - Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:06 am

Part of the problem is that there is a huge spread of playing times in the guild. My heavy playing times are on the weekend. Sometimes I play early in the morning during the week for a couple of hours, sometimes late at night (although not lately due to being sick.)

I know some people play during the day and honestly, I can't let myself do that anymore. I have a daughter I'm raising, a house to maintain, so I can't be around as much as I was in WoW.

For groups, my preference is weekends. During the week, grouping unless it is for specific quests is just rarely an option for me. I can't guarantee I can stay through a group for it all and in the weekends when I login the group time has mostly been used to help people that are still trying to get through Sanctum.

At this point, probably the best option is to be absorbed by another guild, although I'll probably remain guildless myself. I'm not a fan of mergers, in particular when the expectations might be something I just can't provide. By now, I've noticed a lot of people in the guild just haven't been logging on at all, which leads me to believe that either they created new characters or got bored of the game. Also, a lot of them just plain never bothered to get involved in the forums.

I know for some, this is probably their secondary MMO, for me is currently my primary but that -might- change when WAR comes out if I like it better. I wanted to love AoC, and although I like it, there are things about it and how the developers did certain things that annoy me, so, if I like it better than WAR I'll stay, if not, I'll probably end up moving on to WAR.

I'm sorry I wasn't around as much the past week, but I just didn't feel like doing much of anything online while feeling sick.
Back to top Go down
Spartacus
Admin
Spartacus

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:56 pm

I'm definitely interested in end game content as well, which is part of my rapid push to 80 in relation to many members of the guild. if we can find another laid back guild that is interested in merging, but doesn't have the "you must play these three times during the week for 4 hours or you will be kicked and shunned" mentality, I would be interested in a possible merger. As far as who's guild we keep would more then likely be based on who's guild city is farther along.

I know that for a few more months my availability on Weekends will be very limited. I'm in the middle of building a house, which does need to take priority for me at this time. I am making an effort to make connections with other guilds. I know they are also looking at building alliances into this game, which might also help alleviate some of the necessity for mega guilds.
Back to top Go down
wayticus

wayticus

Number of posts : 21
Main : Wayticus DT
Alts : NaTashara AS
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:29 am

I'm not that worried about end game right now as the game is fairly new and I am enjoying exploring it and stuff, eventually end game will be a factor.

I never have been one to rush to the top level, and all, but that is just me, although nimi out leveling me, that is nucking futs, as everyone know she never levels Smile

The game is not that old, mayhaps befriending another guild, who can run raids with is in order, I know that has often worked in the past, and built good friendships, in other games.

But then again not many of the guild members actually log on to this forums anyways.
It may be as Khorgar said, this is a secondary game for many, for me it is the primary, just been busy these past few weeks with stuff. But I have been looking for a primary game for sometime, and I have yet to find one, I think mainly due to getting into a good guild, this one enough people I know were trying it out, so it worked, but again, the game is very young.

Then again I didn't guild up in WoW till my late 30s or so, took time to get to know people in game that I would want to play with, I know some in the guild here are thoose people, so as long as a guild we merge with are of similar mind sets and can handle the insanity that some here exude, I'm ok with a merger.
Back to top Go down
jalarn

jalarn

Number of posts : 16
Main : Jobless
Alts : Yes please.

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:08 pm

I'll be honest, I primarily tried this game and joined this guild because a good friend of mine encouraged me to, but since then, I hardly see anyone on, and when I do, a large majority are too high to quest with me (because I can only play on weekends) or outright ignore me. In any case, I have no opinion on either action.
Back to top Go down
Spartacus
Admin
Spartacus

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 4:27 pm

Yeah, the level span can make it tough. My plan is to get this char up to 80, then make a healer alt I use to help the rest of the guild level. I wish I could be on more on weekends, would help me get a feel for how to improve the guild.
Back to top Go down
Nightsong

Number of posts : 2
Main : Nightsong-bear shaman
Alts : Amberhawk-ranger
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 5:52 am

Hi, I know I am rather a newbie and don't know everyone very well yet. Just to let you know how I look at things. I agree that more people would be a good thing. I tend to play at sporadic hours and don't always see people.

This is my second mmo. I am active raiding in WoW currently. For example I played AoC this afternoon, logged off for raid in WoW and then finished up the night with a little questing in AoC. Last couple of weeks was a seasonal event in WoW and my altitis made me run all my alts around there for goodies.

I am also an odd ball in that I enjoy raiding but refuse to rush through content to hit max level. Translation, I am a slow leveler and will hunt for any quest but not a grinder. Just now learning how to play my char in groups. Being the only healer this afternoon for the quest "Decimating the Warhost" with the others depending on me and my only direct heal has a 30 second cool down was scary. But we pulled it off and was fun. Thanks guys, server is down for maintenance and my memory is terrible for names.

It would probably be a good idea to clean up the guild roster of people who haven't logged in for along time. This looks bad when new recruits look and it gives them the idea that this isn't an active guild. My alt Amberhawk could be dropped for that matter. I have backburner'ed my alts still on Tortage, too tired of those quests to do them again right now.

But however things work out, build alliances, recruit, find a compatible merge partner, would be fine by me.

Nightsong
Back to top Go down
Spartacus
Admin
Spartacus

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:45 am

I may have found a compatible guild to merge with. They're about our size, but with a few more higher levels. They're already working on their tier 2 city, and my interactions with them so far have been good. The guild is named "Coven" which I'm not all that thrilled about, but in the end it's just a name. Let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
Mehen
Guard
Mehen

Number of posts : 27
Main : Mehen
Alts : Mikka, Taen, Tseb
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:49 pm

I care more about the people in the guild than the status of their city.
Back to top Go down
Spartacus
Admin
Spartacus

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:40 pm

I'm thinking I will move my main an leave my alt as temp guild leader so I can get a feel for them. If you don't see me online much, this is why.
Back to top Go down
wayticus

wayticus

Number of posts : 21
Main : Wayticus DT
Alts : NaTashara AS
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:22 pm

I see nothing wrong with the name coven, a group of like minded individuals, sounds good, now if they had some wiccan theme in the name then it might be a negative thing for some, but coven itself is fairly neutral.

Are they crazy enough for some of our members, or so tolerant of the crazies?

I am curious what happens to what has been put into the current guild city, can it be reclaimed?
Should we leave some alts in it just so it is there if we need to go back, and to have another guild bank for our secret stash that we will use to over throw the oppresive government of the whatever region we want?

I should be able to play on a more regular basis come next week, somaybe I can bug that guild some too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nimi
Spunky
Nimi

Number of posts : 68
Main : Aury (Barbar)
Alts : Nimiane (Ranger)

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:25 am

Peeking in from inactivity (I stopped my account until I can upgrade my computer a little as it's not running as smoothly as it should), but here are my opinions:

A. I want all of our members to be okay with any merge. It's not fair otherwise. So, in addition to discussing this on the forums, it'd be great if we (read: you guys) could be discussing this in game as well to get people's opinions.

B. I agree about the people. From what Spar was telling me on the way to work, they seem pretty laid back. We were talking about the guild name, because we've been having our own questions about what to name our guild, and they had said they wanted something short and simple, but they're not inflexible. This sort of gives me the impression that they'd be willing to accomodate the fact that we're a whole guild merging with them.

C. I'd like to hear more about what their guild structure is like? While it may not be apparent, myself, Spar, Rukk and Khorgar have been tasked with representing different aspects of the guild to make sure that our member's interests are being taken into account. Does their guild do something similar?

D. If we were to merge, would -all- of us become normal members? Or would our leaders become co-leaders in the new Mecha-Guild! This is less a question for me, because I think I was more grandfathered into the position of leadership of the guild, but a question for Spar, Rukk and Khorgar as they've really worked hard as leaders in our guild up to this point.

E. If we do get to be made Mecha-Guild, do we get a sword or a laser canon?
Back to top Go down
Spartacus
Admin
Spartacus

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 3:27 pm

In response to Nimi's questions

A. I definitely want this to be an enitre guild decision

B. They are very laid back, much like we are. If anything, they are slightly more driven to level, but not much, and definitely don't pressure anyone.

C/D. Guild structure with them is a group of guild officers, and they have already said they would be willing to accept all our current leaders into officer positions, including nimi. His only request was that officers be people I could trust and rely on, which all of our officers are.

E. I think the Mecha Guild should have a massive axe instead of a sword, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Spartacus
Admin
Spartacus

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:59 pm

Possible guild name I was thinking about running by them, since they wanted something simple. Stonecutters. A very small simpsons reference, while still being in the spirit of the whole city building theme.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need more recruits   We need more recruits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need more recruits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaos Vanguard :: General Discussion :: Age of Conan-
Jump to: